Kevlar Honeycomb cores are applicable in building sandwich panels where requirement for strength-weight ratio is the highest. These are almost 40% stronger than its Nomex equivalent.
Key Features of Kevlar Honeycomb Core
- Manufactured by the impregnation para-aramid(kevlar) papers with heat resistant phenolic resin.
- Mechanical Strength is stronger than Nomex by about 40%
- Improved resistance to fatigue and abrasion
- Improved Corrosion Resistant
- Good insulator of electricity and heat
- Flame Retarded
- Thickness starts at 2.5mm
- Two kinds of cell configuration available: REGULAR HEX(RH) and Over expanded(OX)
Key Specifications of our Kevlar Honeycomb Cores
|3.2, 4.0, 4.8
1/8, 5/32, 3/16
|40, 48 , 64, 80, 96, 128
2.5, 3.0, 4.0 , 5.0, 6.0, 8.0
|1220×2440 1300×2600 1600×3200
48×96” 51×102” 63×126”
As you can see in the above table, we are able to supply kevlar honeycomb cores in various densities and cell size. Standard sheet size is 50×100 inches which can be customized according to your needs.
We also build sandwich panels using these Kevlar honeycomb cores and carbon/kevlar/glass fiber skins.
Applications of Kevlar Honeycomb Core
- Boat Hulls, Ship panels
- Racing cars, trains,
- Military equipments like tanks, drones, guns etc.
- Aircraft galleys, Quadcopters etc.